Phoenix.pm: Dan Sugalski speaking June 20th

Doug Miles doug.miles at bpxinternet.com
Mon Jun 3 13:41:17 CDT 2002

Doug Miles wrote:
> Dan Sugalski of Parrot fame will be giving his "Parrot Internals" talk
> on June 20th.  This is part of a fund raising tour for The Perl
> Foundation: http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=02/05/14/1757228
>
> There will be a suggested donation of $50, however, it is not required.
>    If you want to give more, or less, feel free.  If you are unemployed,
> don't worry about it. :)  I'm not sure what time or where it will be
> yet.  I'd like to get an idea of how many people are going to be there
> to see if we can host it at Bowne.  Let me know if you plan to be there.
>
> Please let me know if you are aware of Python or Ruby group here in
> town.  Bill, will you forward this to PLUG, to see if they have any
> interest?  Have them RSVP to doug.miles at bpxinternet.com.
>
> For those of you who don't know:
>
> Parrot is a virtual machine used to efficiently execute bytecode for
> interpreted languages - specifically, Perl 6, although we would like to
> keep the door open for other languages in the future. As such, Parrot
> will be the core of the Perl interpreter; it will be the target platform
> to which Perl 6 code is compiled.
>
> More info at:
>
> http://www.parrotcode.org/

Here's some more info:

The talk will be at 7:00pm.  We'll have dinner beforehand.  Send in your
restaurant nominations.  It should probably be close to downtown,
because we will most likely have the talk at Bowne.

Anyone out there want to forward this info to the PLUG list, and find
out how many people are interested?  Once I find that out, I can descide
on where to hold it.  Thanks!