Phoenix.pm: How about..? Re: Fundraising

Frooninckx Craig - cfroon Craig.Frooninckx at acxiom.com
Wed Jul 3 14:19:01 CDT 2002

I'm interested, how much?

-----Original Message-----
From: doug.miles at bpxinternet.com [mailto:doug.miles at bpxinternet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 12:10 PM
To: phoenix-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org
Subject: Re: Phoenix.pm: How about..? Re: Fundraising

Frooninckx Craig - cfroon wrote:
> Ouch, didn't hear that about Damian.
>
> The only thing about a carwash is that it is overdone, any given Saturday
> seem to find about 20 carwashes with teenagers in skimpy bikinis (and I
> don't think we would attract too many cars wearing Speedos).  Is there
> something that we could do to raise funds using Perl?

I got some books from O'reilly that got here too late for the big
meeting with Dan.  I'm planning on raffling them off with the proceeds
going to YAS.  Here are the books.  Anyone interested?

Perl in a Nutshell 2nd ed.
Advanced Perl Programming
Programming Perl 3rd ed.  (The Camel!)
Programming Python 2nd ed. (This thing is *huge*!  Its bigger than the
3rd ed. camel!)
Python Standard Library (for Python 2.0)