Phoenix.pm: PERL-SQL question

N nishfish at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 20:29:01 CST 2002

Hi
I have a SQL loading question.  have a flat text file
that is generated every day, the contents of which I
need loaded into a SQL database. The file is comma
delimited and each value in the text file corresponds
to a field in my SQL database. When i extract the
elements and run the loader against the file, I get
the following error:
Could not execute sql statement: at
C:\Perl\perfloader.pl line 31, <NISHANT> line 6
  The number at the end ie: 6 corresponds to the
number of entries in the flat text file.
I have attached my loader program and the text file as
well and was wondering if any body knew what the issue
was.
Also, I have a text file, the values that are
delimited by "|" and  Iam having difficulty using the
split command to extract the elements.
Thank you
Rgds
Nishant
PS: I use a system DSN connection against the SQL db