Phoenix.pm: a good time was had by all!

intertwingled intertwingled at qwest.net
Fri Aug 23 13:51:55 CDT 2002

At 10:56 AM 8/23/02 -0700, you wrote:
>L*L*L
>Gee this all sounds so Hunter S. Thompson!
>From Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas:
>
>"We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs
>began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit
>lightheaded; maybe you should drive...." And suddenly there was a terrible
>roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all
>swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a
>hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was
>screaming: "Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?""

Tegretol (carbemazepine) is not a hallucinogen, alas.  It's a pretty
mundane prescription for bipolar/hypomania.  Interestingly enough, you
can't take it with grapefruit juice and if you take too much, it causes
drowsiness.  I stuck around for about a half hour after the meeting
broke up walking around the Willow House grounds and drinking coffee
until I felt I was OK enough to drive home.  I was still seeing
kind of cross-eyed though, and that made for an interesting drive.  =)

Tony

--
even the safest course is fraught with peril