Phoenix.pm: Damian Conway Update

Mark Pease Mark.Pease at motorola.com
Thu Nov 29 11:29:59 CST 2001

Doug Miles wrote:

> It looks like the 27th has it.
>
> Please let me know if there is even a chance that you might be going.  I
> don't want to find out at the last minute that 20 are going, and the
> conference room only seats 10. :)

I'll be there! Do we want to open the lecture up, and make a general
announcement? I know of several people that would be interested. I think
the dinner should be limited to just Phoneix.pm people.

As to restaurants:

El Charro Cafe is a good Mex (6310 E. Broadway Blvd.) of average price.
Cafe Terra Cotta is a "Southwest" (3500 E Sunrise Dr) is moderate to
high priced.
Cafe Poca Cosa is a "trendy" Mex (20 S. Scott Ave.) is moderately
priced.

I like the Cafe Terra Cotta, but it is not a true Mexican. The El Charro
is good, about like Macayos, but has some wonderful specialties. I have
never been to the Cafe Poca Cosa, but people that I know like it.

There are other good places (even hole-in-the-wall places) but Tucson is
a bit out of the beaten path for dinner :-)

Mark Pease                                     Mark.Pease at motorola.com
Motorola DigitalDNA(tm) Laboratories             perl at perl.sps.mot.com
2200 W. Broadway Rd.   Phone:(480)655-6950        Mail Stop: AZ09 M350
Mesa, AZ 85202         Pager:(800)381-3304           FAX:(480)655-6192
   Co-Author (with Carl Dichter) of "Software Engineering with Perl"