Phoenix.pm: Math

Scott Walters phaedrus at contactdesigns.com
Wed Aug 1 11:45:43 CDT 2001

Hey Tom,

Well, looking at Math::BigInt/BigFloat, they do everything in Perl by
unpacking into an array from a string... something in C or Perl
that minipulated it directly in its binary format would be much faster...
what problems were you having with perls built in operators? Overflow?
Precision? Don't know of anything offhand, and I assume you've searched
CPAN... If you wanted to use a C library, Doug just did a demo on
[what was that?] Embed, which makes it really easy to stick some C
right in middle of your Perl.

-scott