Phoenix.pm: Virtual Meeting

Mark Pease Mark_Pease-RXYE40 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Mar 29 00:15:00 CST 2000

Scott Walters wrote:

> There are a *LOT* of web based chat systems. Every week or so, I write one
> or two. Let's use IRC. We're a smart group of people, we can figure it
> out. You can use any client you want, as long as it's IRC compatable
> (which happends to be quite a lot of them). I've even written a few. Let's
> be distributed friendly, standards oriented, and config-freak
> friendly. Let's use IRC.
>
> -scott

Humm... webex is *not* a web based chat system (I happen to think that
all chat system are lame.) Webex is a collaborative meeting environment
that allows you to have Voice-over-IP or standard Phone based
conferencing, shared prensentations/whiteboard, etc. (and a [lame] sync
chat system :-) It also allows you to share the presenters desktop, if
/(s+)he/ is running under Windoze.

Just a thought.
Mark Pease                                     Mark.Pease at motorola.com
Motorola DigitalDNA(tm) Laboratories             perl at perl.sps.mot.com
2200 W. Broadway Rd.   Phone:(480)655-6950        Mail Stop: AZ09 M350
Mesa, AZ 85202         Pager:(800)381-3304           FAX:(480)655-6192
   Co-Author (with Carl Dichter) of "Software Engineering with Perl"