Phoenix.pm: Virtual Meeting

EdelSys Consulting edelsys at edelsys.com
Tue Mar 28 19:30:50 CST 2000

At 06:12 PM 3/28/00 -0700, you wrote:

>EdelSys Consulting wrote:
>
>> At 02:42 PM 3/28/00 -0700, you wrote:
>> >Has anybody looked at using something like http://www.webex.com for
>> >a virtual meeting? It looks like it would do a better job that just
>> >using IRC.
>> >

>> Nah, web based chat is lame.
>> IRC is where it's at.  =)
>>

>How about talkcity.com? They have a web based chat but you can also log in
>through irc at chat.talkcity.com

How about this:  You find a web-based irc chat client that allows you
to connect to EFNet.  I'll stick with mirc for windows or X-Chat for X Windows
or good old ircii.  =)

I tell ya, web-based anything is lame.  Especially web-based chat.
Get thyself to tucows.interwrx.com.  Download and install mirc.  Be Happy.

Tony