Phoenix.pm: help!

sinck at corp.quepasa.com sinck at corp.quepasa.com
Fri Jun 9 16:00:50 CDT 2000

\_ I'm new to this group, & relatively new to programing, would you please be
\_ more clear?
\_
\_ ><1) man rcs/cvs/...>
\_ What does this mean?

Type 'man rcs' or 'man cvs' at the prompt.  It'll cough manual pages
on you.

\_ >2) use version control religously
\_ I have been careful to do this.
That's good to know.

\_ >3) diff my-broken-script.cgi my-virgin-source.cgi
\_
\_ diff?

... reports differences between two files.  Presumably if it worked
and then you did something to break it, it'll show up when compared
against the virgin code.

\_ >4) perl -cw my-broken-script.cgi
\_ -cw?

Check for syntax errors and throw warnings.

man perlrun

\_
\_ >5) perl my-broken-script.cgi

If you're not firing the script up on a unix box (I assumed so b/c of
the apache error), you'll need to do the local variant mambo of what I
said.

YMMV.

David