Phoenix.pm: Interesting paper comparing programming languages

Doug Miles doug.miles at bpxinternet.com
Thu Jun 8 19:12:03 CDT 2000

Bryan Lane wrote:

> Very informative.  It seemed to be an in depth study.  I thought Java should
> be considered a scripting language.  Perhaps I just don't know enough about
> Java.

I'm guessing since Java's bytecode form is written to disk, and then
that is executed, instead of just one step, and since it is not a true
system binary like C/C++, it was put into a separate category.  Does
anyone know if any of the other scripting languages are compiled into
bytecode and then executed like perl, or do they use some other method?

--
- Doug

"A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the
word you first thought of."
--Burt Bacharach