Phoenix.pm: More symbol table weirdness

Douglas E. Miles doug.miles at ns2.phoenix.bowne.com
Wed Feb 9 15:21:06 CST 2000

Some more info here:

The packages I'm looking for DO exist as keys for %XML_ObjTree.
However, the hash for the particular package is not defined:

foreach $package (keys(%XML_ObjTree::))
{

  print "$package\n";

  local *sym = $XML_ObjTree::{$package};
  print "\$$package is defined\n" if defined $sym;
  print "\@$package is defined\n" if defined @sym;
  print "\%$package is defined\n" if defined %sym;
  print "\&$package is defined\n" if defined &sym;

}

gives this:

report::
Characters::
traverse
&traverse is defined
dump_tree
&dump_tree is defined
Node_Counter
$Node_Counter is defined
title::
insert_element
&insert_element is defined

The guys with the '::' at the end are the packages that I have been
looking for.  Any clue why they aren't defined?

--
Socrates is a man. All men are mortal. Therefore, all mortals are
Socrates.