Phoenix.pm: kill mysqld :)

Pablo Velasquez pablo at dosomething.org
Mon Apr 10 16:36:21 CDT 2000

Hello everyone:
Just had to restart our MySQL, it "froze". I'm working on a
Perl-Restart-Stuff script... meaning trying to execute commands from a
browser. So in case I'm away from my computer I can get to a browser and
just "click here to restart" MySQL. Or "click here to restart Apache"... Or,
to avoid logging in the machine every time something goes wrong, I can just
point-n-click my way to a new restart...Or I can direct someone at our home
office how to restart, etc...

However, I have a couple of questions, they're Linux related...

#1: I killed MySQL by executing distinct commands:

kill -KILL 7036
kill -KILL 7044
kill -KILL 7045

What I was wondering is: can I issue one command to bring all mysql
processes to a stop.

For example: kill -KILL 9 mysqld

Or something like that?

Question #2: How could I feed a "command" from a browser to a remote
machine?

Meaning, even type it before hand, then by pressing a button I execute a
command, as if I was logged in on the command line...

Any help would be appreciated...I'll submit for posting online to our
phoenix.pm.org site in case anyone finds it helpful...

-Pablo

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
recipient.