Phoenix.pm: Perl CGI autodownload

Mark A. Sharkey mark at wcws.com
Thu Sep 30 12:13:18 CDT 1999

Hello,

Our Perl script successfully auto-downloads files for
clients that use Netscape for a browser, or IE on a Mac for
a browser.  However, the script does not seem to work
properly for IE4 on a Microsoft platform when trying to
download non-text files.

For example, the script cannot successfully download a
PowerPoint file through the browser when using IE on
Windows95.

Does anyone have a snippet of code that will download
various file types through the browser?  Something similar
to this (but actually works):

print "Content-Disposition:
attachment;filename=\"$file\";\n";
print "Content-type: application/vnd.ms-powerpoint\n\n";

Thanks.

Mark
--
| Mark A. Sharkey           | mailto:mark at wcws.com  |