Phoenix.pm: Next meeting topic

Warner, David David.Warner at feddata.com
Wed Sep 22 12:30:32 CDT 1999

Pablo,
	I think this is a great idea!  Not only is it a real service to
the community, but it also helps to create mindshare...both java and
python are making headway in the college classrooms but not perl.  An
O'Reilly book has just come out that may help this process - "Mastering
Algorithms with Perl" (I'm expecting my copy today or tomorrow from
Amazon).  I would recommend that we start amassing materials on the web
site and that we build towards this goal.  Perhaps something similar to
the Openbook project that has started for Linux
(http://www.linuxworld.com/idgbooks-openbook/)?

			Dave