Phoenix.pm: New meeting place

Shay Harding mekla at geocities.com
Thu Sep 2 17:43:56 CDT 1999

>I have a portion of my web site 'reserved' for the Phoenix PM group.  Just
>how much y'all want to use it is up to you.  It's nothing much right now
>(just a shell, so to speak), but with the right contributions could be a
>wealth of ideas and information.
>
>The reason I haven't really talked it up, is that I don't know if I'm
>duplicating an effort, and I don't necessarily have the groups collective
>blessing to run their site.  Kind of a politeness issue really.
>
>Let me know what everybody thinks about the few Phoenix PM pages that I have
>so far...
>
>Shay, I'll post your snippet with your permission...

You can post it, but it is not 'my' snippet, just one that I thought
was not only useful, but efficient.

---------------- From another post to the list --------------------

 FWIW, the cool thing Shay posted on sorting by size is classically known
as the Schwartzian Transform, mod'd slightly to sort by size.
Benchmarking put it faster than other 'create a key foreach data, sort
key, extract data' methods.  (So said Randal of Transform fame in a
presentation I was at....)

David

Yes, you must use the Schwartz.

--