Phoenix.pm: Newbie Question

Tran Forsythe forsythe at primenet.com
Wed Oct 13 22:55:58 CDT 1999

Re: Perl & http, I assume you mean from a client basis (as opposed to making
a perlish http server).  If so, then check out the LWP modules (LWP::Simple
does well for simple GETs, though you'll likely want to use LWP::UserAgent
for things like POSTs).  But nope, http isn't built into Perl as http is
simply a protocol used to communicate via tcp/ip sockets (the latter
capability is built into Perl however, hence the modules)

And as far as good resources, I believe that the Perl Cookbook has scads of
data on this topic.  (I could be wrong, my copy's back at the office)

Hope that helps,
-Kurt

------

"Push to test."