Phoenix.pm: Job Opportunity: Global Sight Corporation - Sr. Perl Software Engineers

Pablo Velasquez pablo at dosomething.org
Thu Nov 11 15:38:26 CST 1999

Hi,
Yeah I see these "Knows Everything" ads all the time.

Is that a cultural myth? That computer people know everything b/c it deals
with a "computer"? Or rather b/c they think a "computer" is one thing that
does everything so they assume a "computer person" knows anything that
could possibly do with computers.

Sort of like the Professor of Gilligan's Island. He was Bio-Chemistry,
Physics, Astronomy, etc.

-Pablo