Phoenix.pm: Mac/Windows -> Unix line endings

Peter J Jones p at dancris.com
Sun Nov 7 17:17:30 CST 1999

Phaedrus wrote:

> Anyone who continues to use 'more' after 'less' has become virtualy a de
> facto standard should not be allowed to come within 100 yards of a working
> computer...
>
> -s

de facto standard on what OS? I know that it comes on that Linux script kiddy
OS but not the more mature OSes that real hackers use, like say FreeBSD.
Although less is nice, it is kind of overkill for a pager. That's what gets
Linux into so much trouble, no limits, everything is overboard. Now they are
forced to redo /proc.

-- Peter

(I hope you know that I am laughing because this is a joke, maybe :-)