Editors (Was Phoenix.pm: Mac/Windows -> Unix line endings)

Warner, David David.Warner at feddata.com
Fri Nov 5 15:16:17 CST 1999

	Sorry, but I just couldn't resist!  I have downloaded just about
every editor on the planet and tried it out on my systems and finally
settled on... VIM (http://www.vim.org), which stands for Vi IMproved.  I
use it on my 386 laptop (running Linux), my main development box
(running NT Server) and my deployment servers (running HP-UX and
Solaris) - same keystrokes, same look and feel.

	Its got syntax highlighting for everything imaginable.  War
story:  I was able to find and fix a problem in a 1.6MB Postscript file
in minutes because of the syntax highlighting.

				Dave (finally back from Maryland) Warner