Phoenix.pm: Perl stuuf

Glen G. Walker coyotl at primenet.com
Tue Mar 2 13:24:35 CST 1999

Hey, look! An actual Perl-related email!

So, I have this little update pl fed by an HTML form. One of the things it
does is to store a copy of the updated content seperate so that it can be
edited later. So, here is where it gets wierd...

$text = $FORM{'text'};
$action = $FORM{'action'};
$action = "nada" unless $action;

if ($action =~ "norm") {
 	unless (open (TEXT, ">$path/idx.txt")) {
 		$msg = "(1) Could not open $path/idx.txt";
 		&mailme;
 		exit;
 	}
 	print TEXT "$text";
 	close <TEXT>;

(just a fragment of the code...)

So on our machine there is no problem, but on the clients maching, the
data file "idx.txt" ends up containing the contents of $text, followed by
the words ("nada" unless $action;)

Any ideas what the hell is causing this???

Glen G. Walker,  coyotl at primenet.com
www.primenet.com/~coyotl