Phoenix.pm: Job info for anyone interested

Shay Harding mekla at geocities.com
Mon Mar 1 17:00:23 CST 1999

OK, for those of you not making $50K per year... you know who you are  :)  the
company I work for really needs Perl programmers that have a solid
grasp/ability to learn quickly of the following:

1-- Perl modules, their uses and how to use them (how to implement CGI.pm or LWP
suite for instance)

2-- Grasp of complex data structures. An example would be the following:

my %table = ('Field1' =>[[center,left,right],[bold,italic,normal],require,1]);

The above is a bit extreme but you get the idea.

3-- Simple HTML stuff
4-- SQL, specifically Mysql database using DBI/DBD modules and mysql driver.
5-- UNIX environment (UNIX knowledge not required but helpful).
6-- OOP would be nice but not required.

Even if you have moderate knowledge of Perl we'd be interested. Pay is probably
around $30 - $34K (of this I am unsure, could be hourly? Don't quote me on
these figures). We can teach you if you have a solid base to build on.
Experience helpful. If you have any code to show, this would be more helpful.
Work is onsite and entails creating from scratch various scripts/programs. Some
examples would be:

Web bots to verify/gather various information and interface with databases.
Online referral program that is established.
Interfacing with credit card billing software/online check processing.

It's a fun place to work and is very flexible. If interested contact me
directly at sharding at ccbill.com

A bit of a warning. This company offers web hosting (to include colocation) and
credit card processing services. Probably 90% of our clients own adult oriented
sites and we host most of them so contact with such is inevitable.

Shay Harding