Phoenix.pm: [Fwd: Perl Programmer Job Posting]

Douglas E. Miles doug.miles at ns2.phoenix.bowne.com
Wed Dec 22 15:04:19 CST 1999

Perl Programmer Needed

We are looking for a perl programmer to help us with various interactive
projects at Do Something. (www.dosomething.org)

Required skills: Perl (CGI), DBI, MySQL, HTML (job experience: 1 year or
more with all of these)
When: Immediately
How long: next 30-45 days intensively
Hours: 30 per week

As an example of the type of work:

A registration CGI:
-people fill out form fields
-the fields are input into a MySQL database
-there is an admin page that staff can use to edit entries made by the
registrants.

Basically you will be given completed HTML, which you can adapt for
input
into a MySQL database through DBI. The second part of that work can mean
an
administrative script so DS staff can edit entries.

Another aspect of the work is taking information from the MySQL database
through DBI and generating results, such as a list of states showing how
many schools were registered in that state and information about each
school.

The important point to mention is that we have a high amount of work and
need a fast turn-around.

We will provide most HTML completed and need someone who has worked
with  Perl, DBI, MySQL for a large project (20,000 registered users).

If you are interested please contact me directly at:

Pablo Velasquez
Do Something
Online Director

Phone: 480-967-2667