Phoenix.pm: holy buckets, batman!

Beaves at aol.com Beaves at aol.com
Mon Dec 20 12:03:21 CST 1999

Well, your suggestion of doing the system commands sounds like it should work
up until the Makefile.PL stuff below.

<<
 etc... system()ize the following likewise:

 perl Makefile.PL
 make
 make install

 this is untested, and I'm not responsible if it causes global meltdown.
 :)

The reason being is that I believe Makefile.PL needs to have 'make' and 'make
install' sent to it at the prompts for STDIN (but I'm not certain about
this...)  This sounds like a piped process would be in order, but I have no
clue about how to go about it.

Would this work?  system('perl Makefile.PL', 'make', 'make install')   or is
that syntactically incorrect right out of the box.

I hope I was clear with my problem statment.  It appears that Storable.pm
needs to be extracted in the environment that it will be used in, in order to
build the correct files, etc.

Thanks for everyone's help on this.  Mark, I'll be trying your script this
afternoon...

Tim