Phoenix.pm: Meeting 12/14/1999

Phaedrus phaedrus at endless.org
Thu Dec 9 18:20:06 CST 1999

> I should be there.
>
> Topic suggestions.  Module design and implementation; File handles; CGI.pm
>  to name a few...
>
> A perl question:  I'd like to build a sub that does some substitutions on the
> content of a filehandle just before it is flushed.  Any ideas?
>
> Tim

Tim,

I'm reasonably certain that once you write, it is no longer accessable,
except by seek'ing backwards and rereading it... Perl is such a
conglomeration, sometimes my thoughts drift while I code... what if Perl's
file access routines were done like Scheme's, where lambda functions
read/write data, returning a lambda function to read the next bit? Has
anyone read up on Perl's lambda stuff? It's nuts... hmm. Theres a topic.
Lambdas in Perl. Ok. Back to work.