[Philadelphia-pm] OT: FOSSCON 2018 Call for Papers/Workshops *still* open

Walt Mankowski waltman at pobox.com
Thu Jun 7 06:46:51 PDT 2018

Forwarding this to the list in case anyone's interested. FOSSCON's a
great conference that I've been a part of every year since its
founding.

----- Forwarded message from Jim Fisher <jedijf at myfisher.org> -----

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 09:15:44 -0400
From: Jim Fisher <jedijf at myfisher.org>
To: nj ubuntu loco <ubuntu-us-nj at lists.ubuntu.com>, Ubuntu has got a friend in Pennsylvania <ubuntu-us-pa at lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: [Ubuntu-US-PA] OT: FOSSCON 2018 Call for Papers/Workshops *still* open

Last year we had a fantastic selection of talks and workshops, and we're
looking forward to another great year, but we need your help! Our call for
speakers is open, and you can submit a talk proposal through
​​ *HERE <https://fosscon.us/node/add/speakersub>*.

This year FOSSCON will return to IHP (http://ihousephilly.org/) in
University City, and will be held on Saturday, August 25th.

You can register for this year's FOSSCON at https://fosscon.us/attend.
Please do register early, especially if choosing a paid registration option
to ensure we can get a tshirt or hoodie in your size!

Finally, FOSSCON 2018 is currently looking for sponsors for this year's
event. Sponsorship information is available at https://fosscon.us/Sponsors
and a full sponsorship packet is available on request, just let us know you
are interested by replying to this email!

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you all again this year!

FOSSCON INFO <https://fosscon.us/>

Amateur Radio License Exams <https://fosscon.us/node/12715>

*Please feel free to pass this on to any interested party/group/stranger.
RF friendly event!*

--
jim fisher
Jedijf