[Philadelphia-pm] Brian Kernighan speaking at Drexel on February 19

Walt Mankowski waltman at pobox.com
Thu Feb 8 08:16:56 PST 2018

I wanted to let everyone know that Brian Kernighan will be speaking at
Drexel's Computer Science department next Monday, February 19, on the
topic of Digital Humanities. Dr. Kernighan is currently a professor at
Princeton, but he's more well known for his work at Bell Labs, where
he worked on the development of Unix as well as the C and AWK
programming languages. I've had the chance to hear him talk about his
work with humanities students before, and I'm happy to report that
he's a very engaging speaker.

Unfortunately his talk is scheduled for 11 AM, which isn't a
convenient time for many people. But if you can make it, there will
probably be a reception and free lunch afterwards.

The talk is free, but they ask you to register at

http://drexel.edu/cci/news-events/events/details/?eid=18475&iid=52324

You can also find the talk abstract and location at that URL.

Walt