[Philadelphia-pm] Monday Meeting?

Mark Dominus mjd-perl-pm at plover.com
Mon Nov 14 10:03:37 PST 2016

Maybe I should say what my talk will be about.

      Red Flags

      About ten years ago I was working on a second book:

      	    Most programmers write the first code that comes into
      	    their heads. It's pretty bad code. If you add a second
      	    phase, in which you edit the code, tighten it up, and trim
      	    out the unnecessary stuff, the result is much better. This
      	    book will teach you how to do that.

      I would get a PM group to send me some code samples, then I
      would make their code better and write a talk about it, and go
      visit them and give the talk.

      The book didn't get published.  Tonight I'll show a detailed
      example of how to clean up a Perl module written by someone
      else.  Then I'll tell a sad story, and I'll make a surprising
      announcement.

The book web site is at http://perl.plover.com/flagbook/ if anyone is
interested in seeing what didn't come to pass.