[Philadelphia-pm] ANNOUNCE: Social meeting on Monday, August 3

Walt Mankowski waltman at pobox.com
Wed Jul 29 18:37:45 PDT 2015

A few people have been asking me offline for a social meeting in the
suburbs, so let's try that for August.  They have also suggested a
location -- Tired Hands Fermentaria, an excellent new brewpub and
restaurant in Ardmore.  This coming Monday is the first Monday of
August, so I think we should give it a try.  Here are the details:

http://www.tiredhands.com/fermentaria/

Fermentaria is at 35 Cricket Terrace in Ardmore.  It's across the
street from the Ardmore Music Hall (which used to be called the 23
East back in the day) at the end of the parking lot next to Bella
Italia Pizza.  It's also just a few minute's walk from the Ardmore
Station on Septa's Paoli-Thorndale regional rail line.  There's free
parking after 6 PM in the parking lot right outside, on the street,
and in other nearby township lots.

It has also been suggested to me that we start a little earlier.  I'm
going to try to get there by 6:30.  If you're coming via Septa, there
are trains that arrive at 6:06 and 6:39.  People will probably arrive
at different times, and that's fine.  I don't think you'll have much
trouble finding us.

If you think you might be going, please drop me a line so I know how
big of a table to get.

See you Monday!

Walt

P.S. One tip if you get there before me -- Fermentaria has a LOT of
beers on tap, many of them quite unusual:

http://www.tiredhands.com/fermentaria/beers/

Keep in mind that they're happy to sell you beers in 4 and 8 oz
glasses, so you can sample a bunch of them without getting too tipsy.