[Philadelphia-pm] Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] New York Perl Hackathon, Saturday, March 02 2013

Walt Mankowski waltman at pobox.com
Mon Feb 11 18:15:38 PST 2013

FYI...

----- Forwarded message from James E Keenan <jkeen at verizon.net> -----

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 21:47:26 -0500
From: James E Keenan <jkeen at verizon.net>
To: New York Perl Mongers <ny at lists.pm.org>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] New York Perl Hackathon, Saturday, March 02 2013

We are pleased to announce the first New York Perl Hackathon, to be
held Saturday, March 02, 2013.

The Hackathon will be held in lower Manhattan at:

Rubenstein Technology Group
55 Broad Street, 14th Floor
New York, NY 10004-2501

I. Sponsor

Thanks to RubinsteinTech for making space available for this event.
Jaron Rubinstein writes:

"Rubenstein Technology Group is a software engineering team that
partners with leading graphic design firms to implement their creative
for the Web and mobile devices. We do so most often via our modern web
Content Management System software, a sophisticated suite of web
applications built in Perl and HTML::Mason that we integrate and
customize for each client. Our clients range from international
corporations to startups, leading museums, cultural institutions, and
non-profits.

"We're thrilled to be able to give back to the NYC Perl community by
hosting this hackathon in our office. And, yes, we are hiring."

II. Registration

We'll be posting an announcement of this event on our meetup.com site
within a day or two.  Once we do so, please register with your full
name.

Note:  Space is limited.  At any given time we'll be limited to 25
attendees.  So if you sign up and decide not to show, we'll ask that
you change your RSVP on the meetup.com site.

Exact hours for the event:  to come.

III. Wiki

David Adler is preparing a wiki for this event.  We'll let you know
when that is ready.  If you have a project you want people to hack on
at the Hackathon, you'll be able to post a short description of that
project and solicit volunteers.  On the other hand, if you simply want
to come to the hackathon and hack on someone's project, you'll be able
to sign up for that on the wiki as well.

More details to come.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan