[pgh-pm] Time::HighRes

Malcolm Nooning m.nooning at comcast.net
Sat Apr 17 05:48:11 PDT 2010

I went to a Windows prompt box and entered "ppm", which popped up the
ActiveState Perl Package Manager.  It took a long time, but eventually
the scroll window with a long list of packages loaded up.  I scrolled
down to "Time::HighRes", so, for my Perl 5.10 at least, it is available
as a prepackaged, um, package.  I already had it installed but I clicked
on the little green (mark for install) icon anyway, as there is a
slightly newer version available.  I then clicked on the green arrow to
install it, etc.

The only real pain is that the ppm seems to freeze the part of my screen
when it is doing something, and it seems to take numbers of minutes.
Eventually it finished.

If your Perl is from ActiveState, but a different version, well, it
should still work the same way.

Good luck.