[pgh-pm] OpenStreetMap mapping party this weekend

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Mon Mar 2 15:10:42 PST 2009

No, this has nothing to do with Perl specifically.  But I once ate dinner with Larry Wall, his family, and Tom Christiansen, so that makes me a Perl Monger, no?

I'm hosting a mapping party in Pittsburgh this weekend, March 7th and 8th. The goal is to improve OpenStreetMap as much as we can in two days. OpenStreetMap is a freely available database of map features, like roads, buildings, intersections, crosswalks, bike trails, hiking trails, historical places, vista overlooks. Pretty much everything that doesn't move, and a few things that do, should be mapped.

I'll have a set of GPS receivers to loan out. I'll teach you how to use them to collect map data, and enter it into the map. It helps, it's fun, you can do it!

Details: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Pittsburgh