[pgh-pm] Trying to use DBI:CSV

Greg Akins angrygreg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 10:40:50 PST 2009

First, I'm a perl newbie.. so I'm sorry if I'm asking really stupid questions.

I'm trying to use DBI:CSV

I can create a table so at least part of the packages are installed correctly.

However when I try to insert into it, I get the following message

DBD::CSV::db do failed: Can't locate object method "command" via
package "DBD::CSV::Statement" at /Library/Perl/5.8.8/DBD/CSV.pm line
156.
 [for Statement "INSERT INTO test_table VALUES (1, 'foobar')"] at
test.pl line 12.

I'm running perl 5.8.8 on Mac OS 10.5 ; probably not the OS X version
since 'which perl' shows it's executing from the /usr/bin directory (I
believe the Mac install is in System)

I got started by following the directions here
(http://www.mathematik.uni-ulm.de/help/perl5/doc/DBD/CSV.html)

--
Greg Akins

http://www.pghcodingdojo.org