[pgh-pm] PPW speaker mentor program

Robert Blackwell robert at robertblackwell.com
Thu Apr 24 08:27:02 PDT 2008

I am wondering if we want to offer a speaker mentor program this year.

Here is a quick dump of ideas.  If you like the idea I can work to flush
them out more.

The basic idea is that if someone is apprehensive about giving a talk we
help them through that.

Help with talk submission:
    Helping chose a topic.  (Given they already have some ideas.)
    Refining an idea into a talk abstract.

Help with the talk prep.
    Maybe get them a copy of a good presentation book like "Presentation
Zen" by Garr Reynolds.
    Help them with X.
    Find a person with a similar interest that could be a good sounding
board.

Help with slide creation.
    Find a person or people to act as a technical reviewer.
    Find someone (like Erin of Chastity) that could be an Editor for the
slides.

Help with practice run.
    Hook them up with a PM/LUG etc where they could do the talk before
coming to PPW.
    Maybe Webex with Cabal/Mentor/etc or something.

Robert