[pgh-pm] Pittsburgh Perl Mongers | Meeting | Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:00

Robert Blackwell robert at robertblackwell.com
Tue Jun 12 04:35:25 PDT 2007

Pittsburgh Perl Mongers | Meeting | Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:00

* This months Technical Gathering *

* Location *

  Slaymaker Systems, Inc.
  4914 Baum Blvd.
  Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:00

* Talks *

* Pittsburgh Perl Workshop 07 *

Some updates as to were we are on the road to PPW 07.

* Fun with numbers: Using Perl and the R statistics system for fun and profit - Tom Moetel *

In this festive talk I will introduce the R system for statistical computing and show how you can use it, and Perl, to answer some of life's most important questions.  Questions like:

  If I see this movie, is it likely to suck?

  Is my blog becoming more (or less) popular,
  and, if so, how much?

Additionally, we will investigate ways of using R to convert buckets of numbers into cool graphs that reveal patterns, lead to insight, and unlock meaning.  And, of course, Perl will help us every step of the way, munging raw data into the stuff we can actually use.

If you've ever wanted to have fun with numbers, this is *your* talk.

Don't miss it.

* This months Social Gathering 8:30 pm *

* Location *

Yet to be determined.

Important dates:
 	Next Pittsburgh Perl Monger Meeting  Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:00
        Pittsburgh Perl Workshop 07 Sat Oct 13 - Sun Oct 14

For more information:

	Robert Blackwell
	412.231.5501
        robert at robertblackwell.com