[pgh-pm] First Pittsburgh Ruby User Group meeting - TONIGHT!

Greg Akins angrygreg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 12:30:04 PST 2007

We've got the 2nd Floor Training Room reserved at the Pittsburgh
Technology Council, 2000
Technology Drive, PGH for our first technically-oriented Ruby User
Group meeting!

(The council building is near the foot of Bates (that's the Oakland
Parkway exit) by the Mon
river, along the road that Cellomics and Union Switch and Signal are
on. See it at
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2000+Technology+Drive,+pittsb...
=16&ll=40.434209,-79.96871&spn=0.012233,0.026994&iwloc=addr)

The preliminary agenda/format is:
6:00 - 6:45 - Hands-on Ruby 101
(This will be along the lines of an Installfest plus basic Q&A, we
want to get everyone up and
running with Ruby and Rails at this first meeting.)
6:45 - 7:00 - Refreshments and Networking
7:00 - 8:00 - Ruby Tech (topic TBA)

Agenda times may shift depending on the needs of the group, but bring
your laptops, and yes,
they have wireless.

Post your suggestions for topics, as well as your questions and/or
Ruby challenges to discuss.
We'll use those to help plan future meetings.

*Please* let us know if you can attend so we can get an estimated head count.
Stay tuned, more to come!