[pgh-pm] Wanted in browser ssh client.

Barrie Slaymaker barries at slaysys.com
Tue Jan 30 12:07:09 PST 2007

Along these lines, is anyone aware of something like IPC::Run (i.e. run
an app, connect stdin, stdout, stderr connected to pipes?) or Expect
available in Firefox (XUL is fine)?

It seems like a missing link for XUL apps, and I've considered
crossbreeding one of the pure perl httpds with IPC::Run and using the
"local webserver + browser" approach to writing an app that does this,
but that's icky-but-pragmatic.

I'm sort of thinking of something like the old Mozilla XMLShell (Note:
this is not the newer Perl xml editing shell), except without the burden
posed by XML.

- Barrie