[pgh-pm] Iteration 0 - August 11th

Greg Akins angrygreg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 08:04:43 PDT 2007

Pittsburgh Coding Dojo, in concert with the Western Pennsylvania Linux
User Group (http://www.wplug.org), will be holding the second
Iteration 0 meeting on August 11th at Newell-Simon Hall.  You can get
more directions an information about the InstallFest at
http://wplug.ece.cmu.edu/wiki/index.php/Meeting-20070811

During this meeting we'll be creating a Spring Web Flow application
using Tomcat on Linux as the deployment target.

We don't have much Spring experience among us, so we could use some
help with that aspect.  But regardless, we'll get the testing /
configuration management system setup just like we did for the first
Iteration 0.

If anyone has experience with Spring Web Flow we'd appreciate some
help in that area.  Requests for other aspects are welcome (Maven vs
Ant; Watir vs Selenium; etc..)

Everyone is welcome.  Bring your laptop, and we'll split the work up
as much as possible so everyone can get a chance to work through the
various setups..

Iteration 0 is a small group meeting intent on helping developers
understand the necessary steps in bootstrapping a project.

While the Dojo is focused on the academic, theoretical aspect of
programming, the Iteration 0 efforts will focus on the pragmatic task
of establishing application servers, build environments, source
control, etc.. necessary in getting a project started.