[pgh-pm] Call for CPAN modules.

Robert Blackwell robert at robertblackwell.com
Thu May 11 06:16:54 PDT 2006

Does Pittsburgh have anything to add?

http://use.perl.org/~Alias/journal/29586

Thursday May 11, 2006
05:20 AM
CPANathon: 10,000 CPAN modules by YAPC::NA?
[ #29586 ]
If you've been to the main front page of the CPAN lately (instead of just using search.cpan.org)
you might have noticed that as well as recently going past 5000 login accounts, the module count
is getting pretty close to the big 10,000.

As I write this, we're at 9,971.

But I'd really love to be able to hit YAPC::NA with that number into 5 figures (plus it means I
can use '10,000' in my talk slides) :)

Do you have any code you keep meaning to tidy up and get onto CPAN?

Now's the time! Let's see what you've got!

We need 30 new CPAN modules in the next 40 days if we want to hit the milestone before YAPC::NA.

Coach your coworkers, mail your mongers! Clean out those dark corners of your repository and let's
get that code where it might do some good.

I've started devoting a bit of time here and there to fixing one of my long-standing annoyances.
You see I've always wanted a nice DBIx::Class/SQLite interface to the CPAN index, so that a whole
host of modules that interact with the twisty dependency and permissions model of CPAN could be
made much more robust.

I'd like to be able to release it as the 10,001st module on CPAN.

How about it? Got something close to release? I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Robert Blackwell
robert at robertblackwell.com
AIM: robertdblackwell
Yahoo!: robertblackwell