[pgh-pm] MJD on 4/12/06

Daniel J. Wright Dan at DWright.Org
Sat Mar 25 07:10:44 PST 2006

Letter from MJD...

        Dear Pittsburgh Perl Mongers,

        I'm coming to visit you on April 12 as part of my tour to gather
        material for my new book, which I hope will be published in 2007.
        The book is about code review and refactoring in Perl.  (For more
        complete information, please see http://perl.plover.com/flagbook/ .)

        To do the job right, I need real examples of real code that other
        people wrote.  I'll review the code and fix it up, and explain in
        the book what I did and why.

        Please send me some code to look at so that I have something to talk
        about on April 12.  I need it no later than Thursday, March 30, but
        sooner is better.

        What I need: code for a program or module that is between 150 and
        700 lines long, not counting comments or blank lines.  Also, you
        must be authorized to give me permission to use the code in my book.

        If I use your code in the talk, I will give you a free copy of my
        last book, _Higher-Order Perl_.  (http://hop.perl.plover.com/)  If I
        use your code in the new book, you'll get a free copy of that when
        it comes out.

        If you want more details about what I need, please see:

                http://perl.plover.com/flagbook/contribute.html

        To contribute, send code to:

                mjd at plover.com

        Questions?   Send them to: