[pgh-pm] Pittsburgh Perl Mongers | Meeting | May 11, 2005

Robert Blackwell robert at robertblackwell.com
Sat Jan 21 20:59:41 PST 2006

Casey,

So this is what I think we should have on the poster.  Feel free to add or delete as needed.

-- I left out the location to force people to the website for that but I am not sure about that.

Pittsburgh Perl Mongers

[ Onion  logo ]

Wednesday Jan 8 at 7:00

Next meeting   Wednesday Feb 8, 2006  19:00

*Talks*

* Webservers in perl - Casey West *

[ your descripton ]

* Into to GNU/Screen - Robert Blackwell *

GNU Screen is an open-source terminal multiplexer developed by the GNU Project. It allows a user
to access multiple separate terminal sessions inside a single terminal window or remote terminal
session. It is useful for dealing with multiple programs from the command line, and for separating
programs from the shell that started the program.

You will learn what screen is and how it can help and a few tricks to get be more productive using
screen.

Upcoming meetings

March 8

* Profiling Perl - Dan Wright *
* Screen Hackery - Robert Blackwell *

April 12

* Special Guest Speaker Mark Jason Dominus *
  Red Flags: Code Review World Tour

Our meetings are open to anyone interested in Perl, the talk topic, beer, geekdom, etc.  Please
join us.

Perl is a general-purpose programming language originally developed for text manipulation and now
used for a wide range of tasks including system administration, web development, network
programming, GUI development, and more

Robert Blackwell
robert at robertblackwell.com
AIM: robertdblackwell