[pgh-pm] Pittsburgh Perl Mongers | Meeting | Feb 8, 2005

Robert Blackwell robert at robertblackwell.com
Tue Feb 7 18:19:14 PST 2006

Wednesday Feb 8 at 7:00

* This months Technical Gathering*

*Location*

  Slaymaker Systems, Inc.
  4914 Baum Blvd.
  Pittsburgh, PA 15213

  Wednesday Feb 8, 2006
  19:00

*Talks*

* Webservers in perl - Casey West *

Webservers in Perl - Casey West

Web development with Perl is often tied to the Apache web server, which makes developing
web applications difficult in some cases. In this talk we’ll discuss how to get a CGI
environment running with almost zero work, using a pure perl webserver. We’ll also learn a
few tricks to get a static webserver running with a single command, and learn how to run an
HTML::Mason compatible webserver.
Finally, creating customized webservers will be discussed, and you will know how to create
web environments with little or no work.

* Into to GNU/Screen - Robert Blackwell *

GNU Screen is an open-source terminal multiplexer developed by the GNU Project. It allows a user
to access multiple separate terminal sessions inside a single terminal window or remote terminal
session. It is useful for dealing with multiple programs from the command line, and for separating
programs from the shell that started the program.

You will learn what screen is and how it can help and a few tricks to get be more productive using
screen.

Our meetings are open to anyone interested in Perl, the talk topic, beer, geekdom, etc.  Please
join us.

Robert Blackwell
robert at robertblackwell.com
AIM: robertdblackwell