[pgh-pm] Reminder: Tonight's meeting includes books and shirts, and rocks!

Malcolm Nooning m.nooning at comcast.net
Wed Dec 13 10:24:17 PST 2006

Hello,

I will list some books I am bringing, along with comments.

First, the more recently read books.

Getting Things Done - Allen - Filled with good advice on how to maximize
your time, and really how to not waste it.

Stand Alone, Inventor! - Merrick - Of interest if you think you've
invented something.

In Search Of Stupidity - Chapman - A classic!

Joel On Software - Unknown - Does not sound interesting but it is.  It
is one of the best.

Mastering the Requirements Process - Robertson and Robertson - Had
excellent reviews but I read it only enough to know that the contained
knowledge was not useful to me.  It could be extremely useful to the
right person.

Exploring Requirements - Gause & Weinberg  -  ... same as above

Now for some oldies.

Windows NT Workstation 4 - In good shape, but it is dated.  If no one
wants it I will throw it away.  I am not taking it back home.

Windows NT In a Nutshell - ... same as above

MS-DOS Batch Files - Before you roll your eyes at this one, I find it
useful from time to time.  Yes, with different Windows variants.  In
fact I would not be bringing it in except that it happens to be an extra
copy.

I will be looking to exchange books.  However, except for the NT books,
I will just take home what others do not want.  This means that, before
the evening is through, you don't have to have a book to get a book.