[pgh-pm] Damian Conway visit. ELECT a talk. (VOTE NOW!)

Tom Moertel tom at moertel.com
Thu Oct 13 10:51:37 PDT 2005

Robert Blackwell wrote:
> Fellow Mongers,
>
> Damian Conway will be giving a talk for us Oct 29.
> I want your help in picking that talk.
> Please send your talk suggestions by Friday at 5:00 EST.

Picking a single talk can be tricky, especially with so many great talks
to choose from.  To make it easier, I have set up an online election
using the Condorcet method, which lets us pick multiple talks (and even
rank them).  The election algorithm then distills our group preferences
into a single, "best" winner.

Please record your preferences here:

http://www5.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/andru/civs/vote?id=E_f04a00c39f9ac5ac&akey=f124bc8652801e98

Voting ends Friday, 5:00 EST, so please RECORD YOUR VOTE NOW.  It takes
only a few seconds.

Cheers,
Tom

P.S. For more on Condorcet voting, see this:
http://community.moertel.com/ss/space/start/2004-09-29/1