[pgh-pm] Advice on Cingular Service

Casey West casey at geeknest.com
Fri Mar 11 21:12:32 PST 2005

I'm going to be switching from Verizon to Cingular service and I had a
question for anyone who currently has Cingular.

I'm looking into purchasing a tri-band phone. I have the option of
triband including the 850 spectrum and triband without it. The former
is reported to work better within the US and the latter is reported to
work better worldwide.

My question is, in Pittsburgh is 850 an important spectrum to have
available? Does anyone have any experience with this? Also, I have to
consider that I live 30 miles outside of town right now, which is
rather rural.

Thanks!

  Casey West

--
Shooting yourself in the foot with Pascal
Same as Modula-2 except that the bullet is not the right type for the