[pgh-pm] March Meeting

Tom Moertel tom at moertel.com
Mon Mar 7 11:18:50 PST 2005

Casey West wrote:
> * I could talk about hacking your mac to produce MP3s of Real Network's
>   audio streams. I did this to get Marketplace on my new iPod.

(1)  I have done something similar but less DMCA-encumbered by creating
a "Radio VCR."  With it, I record NPR broadcasts off the air and save
them to a hard-drive archive for time-shifted listening at my
convenience.  A few small scripts manage a subset of this archive on my
iPod for on-the-go listening.  I am very happy with the result.

For more information:

     http://community.moertel.com/ss/space/start/2005-02-26/1

I would be happy to share my experiences at the meeting.

(2) I would also be happy to give a short talk (no more than 15 minutes)
on AutoCurry:

     http://search.cpan.org/dist/AutoCurry/lib/AutoCurry.pm

Casey, let me know if you are interested so that I can prepare for the talk.

Cheers,
Tom