[pgh-pm] Pittsburgh PostgreSQL Users Group: mailing lists, website, next meeting and talks

Robert Blackwell robertblackwell at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 09:45:16 PST 2005

All;

I was very encouraged at the first Pittsburgh PostgreSQl Users Group we had about 14 people there.
 Thank you all for coming.  The group seemed very interested in making a real users group not just
one being hosted by the Pittsburgh Perl Mongers.  Now we are about one month later with a website
(http://postgresql.moertel.com/) and  mailing lists (postgresql-announce at lists.moertel.com and
postgresql-users at lists.moertel.com).  The sad fact is that we have no traffic on the lists and few
subscribers.  Also no one offered to give a talk this month.  If you are interested in making a
successful Pittsburgh PostgreSQL Users Group please sign up to the lists and offer to give a talk.
 I will not make future posts to  wplug at wplug.org,  pgh-pm at mail.pm.org or individuals as to
Pittsburgh PostgreSQL Users Group issues. Please sign up to the lists if you want further
information about the Pittsburgh PostgreSQL Users Group.

We need two things for a successful Users Group, people to come to the meetings and hear the talks
and people to give the talks.

I will be starting the following threads on the postgresql-users list:

Meeting Date/Time:

When would the majority of people want to meet for the group?  I suggest the 3rd Wednesday of the
month at 7:00 PM.

Talks:

What talks would you like to hear?  Maybe you do not have the expertise on the topic to give the
talk but maybe someone else does.

What talks would you be willing to give?

Robert

=====
Robert Blackwell
robert at robertblackwell.com