[pgh-pm] March Meeting

Robert Blackwell robertblackwell at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 09:05:09 PST 2005

--- Casey West <casey at geeknest.com> wrote:

> Hi. March is upon us. Are we planning to meet up along with the
> potgresql folks again?

Given the large interest at the last Perl Mongers meeting regarding the postgreSQL group I had
hoped to have more people than 10 on the mailing lists that Tom set up
(http://postgresql.moertel.com/).  I felt we had a good turn out for the first postgreSQL meeting
and was very excited about the momentum.  (The revived Pittsburgh Perl Mongers only had 3 people
at the first meeting.)  I think we should just have a Perl Mongers meeting.  You can give the talk
you proposed below.

Regarding the posgreSQL group I think it is time to see if it will stand on its own.  I will post
a message to the lists and people of interest and see if a Pittsburgh PostgreSQL users group can
make a go of it meeting on a seperate day.

> In any case, here are a few points of interest.
>
> * I have five copies of O'Reilly's make magazine to give away in some
>   orderly fashion.

Fantastic!  I have not subscribed yet.  Have you made anything yet?:)

> * I could talk about hacking your mac to produce MP3s of Real Network's
>   audio streams. I did this to get Marketplace on my new iPod.

This sounds cool.