[pgh-pm] Where is perl in Pittsurgh

Robert Blackwell robert at robertblackwell.com
Thu Jul 14 07:03:57 PDT 2005

Fellow Mongers,

I am working on beating the Pittsburgh Perl Mongers drum.  Also known as a membership drive.  I
think of it as Project Perlsburgh.  I am always sad to hear people tell me they code perl and
don't even know that Pgh.pm.org is alive again :(  We can put and end to that.

Plans of out reach:

- Follow up with www.pghtech.org to get us listed there and become part of their mailing
anouncments.

- Build the list of perl in Pittsburgh.  Find companies/non-profits/etc that are using perl in the
region.  This can be from job postings, contacts, etc.  If you know of companies please contact
them and let them know the Pittsburgh Perl Mongers are alive.  Or let me know who they are and I
will try to contact them.

- Make posters that will be distributed at bookstores, schools, etc with the PM info.  This is
still being designed.

- use.perl.org post in journals and a story post.

- Other ideas ... Please let me know what else makes sense.

We have about 35 members on the mailing list.  I would like to get that number up to 100.  I know
of about 5 people that are not on the list and a few companies that probably don't know about us
that I will contact.  I bet you know some too.  Please do some outreach.

I really want to reach the perl programmers that don't know about the community.  They don't read
use.perl.org, www.perlmonks, they are not on irc, or mailing lists, etc.

Thanks
Robert

Robert Blackwell