[pgh-pm] Perl & Sci Fi Friday

Jim Rose ceo at fat24.com
Sat Jul 9 06:20:37 PDT 2005

Help

My wife is infuriated by my allegiance to Sci Fi Friday (Stargate SG1,
Stargate Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica).  The new season starts this
Friday.  I know I'm in for 13 weeks of weekly fighting to defend my
right to enjoy what she argues is a non-productive waste of time, and
what I consider essential to my intellectual life.  Is there anyone out
there in the Pittsburgh PM that faces similar persecution, anyone who
would be interested in forming a Sci Fi Friday Perl discussion club?
This way, Perl people could socialize, enjoy 3 hours of the best
television ever made, and discuss Perl on the commercial breaks ->
making my wife's arguments mute since such gatherings will now be
related to my professional life.  No formal discussions or lectures
(not to replace the monthly gatherings), but a pure social side of Perl
that centers around the best damn television ever written...

Jim
A Lurker on Pittsburgh PM