[pgh-pm] PA Open Source Association.

Robert Blackwell robertblackwell at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 18:52:10 PST 2005

I think idea is a fantastic idea.  My only fear is that Open-Source limits us to just software.
It would be great if one of the goals of this group was to advise governments, transit
authorities, and ... as to the benifits to having open interfaces into their data stores that may
be on proprietary systems.  Sometimes they make the data available but in a really bad way.  I
would see this group lobbying to get systems open as well has having them use open source.

Just my thoughts.